Wednesday, February 27, 2008

More Exercises


Lesson 5 is complete! I made these little studies with one big thing in mind... keep it simple, stupid.
This piece deals with values. I used 5 different purples. I wanted to punch it up with the black and white. It looked so boring, I added the complementary yellow. What do you think?

The second piece is built to show rhythm and repition. This was also an experiment for me as I have never fused with commercial fabrics, I wasn't disappointed. Texturing with thread comes later.


1 comment:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

I don't know anything about fibreart but I am just getting into it. I really like the addition of the black and white to the purple value piece, it does give it punch and the yellow the sparkle.

You did squares ! no circles.lol
Looks great.
Shirley in Oz