Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Fait accompli



Well, I am a little late completing Liz Berg's Better By Design class, but I did it! A little health scare put me behind but all's okay. This was a very definitive class. It had solid structure, exciting exercises and helpful critiques.

This was my first online class and the only thing I found lacking was the cameraderie and creativity of my fellow classmates. We had a closed Yahoo group so we could chat and see each other's work, but I didn't take enough advantage of those features, not wanting to look at other's work until mine was finished. Now I realize that seeing others' work added that extra spark of creativity needed in a demanding atmosphere.


I also have to finish my Quiltswap piece and I'm almost finished with Breaking Traditions.


The piece to the left is the result of a circle exercise. I just now realized it should be turned horizontally. I should've caught that. Darn brain.



This next piece is from the square exercise. I still had circles on my brain.


This is the rectangle exercise. I can't seem to get away from circles. Meaning? I need to sleep on that.

1 comment:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Thanks for sharing the comments and pictures about Liz Berg's class. I have never taken any classes and certainly no online ones. I was thinking though of taking liz's class when I have saved enough. It was her blog and work and her links that started me on my interest in Art Quilts and I am now wrapt in this form of quilting.
Shirley