Saturday, August 16, 2008

Vote 2008





So. When I go shopping, my public knows my politics. One of my Art quilt groups (Pointless Sisters) have a challenge going to make some kind of green shopping bag. So I decided to combine the challnge with my desire to have Obama elected. Someone on the Art Quilt list posted about a Move On challenge. Maybe I'll check it out. I stencilled the letters with Shiva paint sticks and painted the photo with Setacolor paints. I made extra long handles as I need to shlep things over my shoulder on my good arm, or else everything hits the floor.
I was extra lazy today and watched movies. I had lower intestinal ouchies which seem to have made their way out of my system. I plan to work on my Black and White challenge tomorrow. I'm supposed to be working on my Olympic challenge but the marathon is so boring, I'm bailing until something more exciting comes along.
An aside, the baby quilt above was delivered last night and was well received. Thank goodness! Ta ta till next time.

1 comment:

suewalen said...

As a fellow Obama mamma, I LOVE this bag! The design is great, and your message is clear but not dogmatic. Send it to the Obama campaign. You never know....
Sue Walen
in sunny Bethesda