Monday, August 18, 2008

Garden Delights



I tried to upload pictures 3 times and Blogger seems to have a problem. I had a horrible day today trying to rework my black & white piece. Nothing accomplished except frustration. So I took a lunch break and visited my "garden" and picked 2 fresh tomatoes. Luscious to look at; yummy in the tummy.
(Okay, the 4th time was a charm.)



I started gardening in Earth Boxes several years ago when I hurt my knee. They are a godsend now, as I cannot work in a garden since my stroke. I've got them lined up on my deck. I had fresh strawberries the last two mornings (2 boxes). I have four tomato plants, (2 boxes) six pepper plants (1 box) 3 crookneck squash (1 box). green onions (1 box) and a box with basil and beets. It is so nice to step out and pick fresh, organic produce.




So after lunch, I took out my pastels and worked on a tree study. I'll post a pic if Blogger fixes itself. Better luck tomorrow on me black & white.





Thanks for all the gracious comments on the Obama totebag.

1 comment:

Winter Wanderings said...

Love this and your Obama bag & quilts & Olympics. I have finished my Breaking Traditions piece too and will mail it off tomorrow.