Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm back again


Since I've been watching the Olympic coverage, I thought I would try to work on a special project only during the Olympics. I've finished a few pieces since my last post. I never think I have much to say. But I enjoyed the pageantry of the opening ceremonies and have been keeping up with some of the sports. The men's relay just finished and I was actually glued to the screen. What a finish!! So the good can balance the bad. I was sorely disappointed with the news that a certain presidential candidate had cheated on his wife and lied and lied over and over to the American people denying his transgression. He was the candidate I really wanted to win the nomination. Now, do I question not only his judgement, but my own?
Another good thing happening is that I'm finally getting my studio back. It will take awhile to get it all back together, but I am stoked.
I had my latest piece critiqued at our regional SAQA meeting (great critiques by Susan Else, Carol Larson and Miriam Nathan Roberts) and I got some excellent comments and suggestions. Unfortunately, it didn't get juried into New Quilts of California. But I'm biting the bullet and submitting it to PIQF. I have to complete my black & white piece for Anne Copeland's exhibit, I like where it's going. I've completed painting the background for my large butterfly piece and need to decide what's next.
I'll try to get some pics up next time. Till then...

No comments: