Friday, December 12, 2008

Oh Deer



Remember the cute pair of twins that were born on my property? Well, I have been enjoying them. Yesterday I noticed the circling vultures and later found that they were feeding on a dead fawn. Today there seemed to be many more buzzards (vultures) flying around and they were driving my dogs nuts. When I finally finished my seven hour marathon of sewing, I looked out my kitchen window and saw several of the buzzards under a tree and many more waiting on tree branches. It was like a horror movie. The worst part is that they were feeding on the other fawn. I don't know how or why they died. They had lost their spots and grown by leaps and bounds. They had plenty of food and water. In spite of my sadness at their deaths, it was interesting to see the circle of life in action. I had never seen this side of life. It is rather haunting.



So here is the fiber art piece I finished. It will be given at Christmas and now I have to finish the rest of the gifts. Happy holidays!

1 comment:

Lynn Cohen said...

Your art is so inspirational. I love the kitty in the front bottom, and the colors in the foliage!