Friday, July 09, 2010


Crab!
I was lucky to have a fresh caught crab before the season ended. A friend and my son-in-law went ocean fishing and decided to drop a crab pot. I think they didn't get any fish, but the crab pot was so full they had to return many to the ocean. Look at the gorgeous color! I will try to capture this somehow in my art.


Pair of Bullock Orioles

I've been so lucky to watch this pair of Bullock Orioles make their home on my property. I've been trying to photograph them for weeks now, but today I got my shot. I can't wait to paint them. I love the brightness of the male. I'm hoping to see little ones in the future.

I spent most of yesterday and today machine quilting some charity quilts. And I did it on Mille, my big APQS machine. It took awhile to feel comfortable with the long-arm, but I was able to free-motion simple stitches. Next I'll try a laser image.

Tomorrow I'm off to San Francisco to see Paul McCartney and am really looking forward to seeing him in person after all these years since I saw him in their first SF show at the Cow Palace. I hope we're allowed to take photos. I'll share if I can.
Leave me a comment!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you are posting. That crab is stunning! Isn't it lovely that we have our cameras for capturing those special moments. Dennis and I bought two trees for the property today.......they will have lovely orange fall color. Can't wait...........xxoo Helen

Martha Ginn said...

What great pictures of the orioles and the crab! And I enjoyed your report of the Paul McCartney concert. How courageous of you to endure the crowds.
Martha Ginn