Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oil Paintings

This was an oil painting inspierd by the Maverick's surf championship in Northern California. Even though I never get to see it in person, I imagine huge 30 foot waves conquered by courageos surfers who spend their lives following waves like these. I painted it to the likeness of an amazing photograph, but I was not given permission to exhibit this work. Check our Clark Iittle photos on U-Tube or google him to see his amazing wave photos.






My sister took a photo of this water wheel in Massachusetts on our trip to the East. I've always loved it and am working on lightening a bit, but its on its way.







I'm pretty sure this is the final, and when its dry I will frame it. My friend Augie took the original photo at a Southern Cal mission entry and I've already made a fiber art wall hanging. Great shot.








I love the California coast and was wishing I was there today as our weather was spectular! Clear skies until the next rains come tomorrow. The rain is sure taking a toll on my daffodils, they get knocked down, perk up and get knocked down again. I won't complain after the winter endured by East coasters.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job on posting. I am starting to paint...still need to get to posting. That Maverick wave is too cool! Helen

Lynn Cohen said...

these are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!