Sunday, April 26, 2009

GARDEN GALORE


Sometimes lemons make lemonade. After a nasty fall yeaterday, I had to kick back and let my head recover. So this morning I shot some of my garden. My back yard includes lovely wisteria.


The daffodils are long gone, bue they were a cheery site.
Pride of Madeira is the common name for these coastal beauties. They line the bank along my dreveway. Also drought tolerant, they require little care unless frozen. That happened many years ago when the temp dropped to 13 degrees. The seeds survived and they came back beautifully. I am going for a no work garden, hence the flagstones and cactus rose, also drought resistant. I would love to have acres of lavender, sweet smelling and it definitely attracts the bees.
tomorrow a trip to the ocean and then a Liz Berg lecture and trunk show. Inspiration!

2 comments:

Carol Suto said...

It was great seeing you at Liz's presentation last night. I have enjoyed your blog and admire your work. I wish I was as advanced as you are with your blogspot as I'm having lots of problems with my formatting. Anyway, lovely stuff! Hope to see you in Lincoln.

Lynn Cohen said...

So nice to see the name of the Maderia plant. I walk by some in my office neighborhood but never knew what this unusal looking plant was.