Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Slow to Post


I haven't been posting much lately. For one reason, this one-finger-picking gets old really fast. Also, I've learned that quilts published, even on the net, are disqualified from entry in many competitions. And my health took a downturn, but a change in medication has me up and running again. This photo is not a quilt - yet. It is the start of a pieced I am doing for a Black and White Challenge. Comments and critiques welcome.
One thing I learned from this health downturn is that my physician trusts my judgement. My health plan changed a medication (to a cheaper generic brand) and it didn't k for me. After several scary weeks of unusual physical behavior, I emailed my dr. with the symptoms and my former medication was mailed to me post-haste.
I've been doing some painting also, but it's hard to juggle the two. I thought being out on disability would give me so much more time, but it takes me so long to do anything now that I get frustrated. But I continue to push on.
Our weather has been wonderful and as I read about the fires, floods, earthquakes and tornadoes around the world, I am grateful that we in Northern California, have been extremely lucky to escape these problems. But I saw hi octane gas at $4.75 today and it cost me $65.00 for my last fill-up and I don't have a SUV. Enough for now. On a positive note, I had a lovely day.

2 comments:

Margarita Korioth said...

I like your composition.When you put the top together maybe to machine quilt with monofilament thread so you don't hide any of the beautiful details you drew and wrote.

Nancy Schlegel said...

I like the bottom of the piece, but the top blocks look like they are tacked on and don't belong. They draw my eyes away from the bottom part. I would suggest deleting the top and just staying with the bottom which seems strong enough to be on its own. The writing and is a good element on the background too. Good luck-you're much further along with your B and W piece than I am-haven't even come up with a starting point yet!

Nancy Schlegel