Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas fun

More Christmas presents. Nieces and nephews quilts as gifts for my brothers and sisters. Nephews Chris and Dan.
Nieces Alicia and Jessica. Godson Anthony.
Andrea, Jennifer and John. I was fun making these. I hope their folks like them.
These are members of my Stitch'nBitch group. I'm on the far right.I'm not sure how many years it has been since it began, but I joined a few years after it was organized. We were named by Kathy's mother because we literally bitched while we stitched. Back then, it was about husbands, kids and jobs. Now, due to death and divorce, only one husband remains, so we don't bitch about them anymore, and the subject of sex is mostly met with blank stares and wishful thinking. We are all retired now so we mostly moan about nothing important or our aches and pains. We try to be support systems for each other. After my stroke, they pitched in to drive me to therapy appointments, and visited me when I really needed support.

Pam S., Kathy R., Arlene W., Diane S., and Maxine D. We had our gift exchange, champagne, and lots of good food. I hosted this year and made grasshopper pie for dessert. Sorry, we ate the evidence. Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments: