Monday, June 05, 2006

Art Walk Silk Wall Quilt Sold

The first night of First Friday Art Walk in Santa Rosa (Sonoma County, California) has happened. I was lucky enough to be chosed to participate. Even though the attendance was rather low, those who came by my exhibit were so excited that our city finally stepped up to the art world. I exhibited 25 art quilts and people were very generous in their comments. Most had never seen art quilts/fiber art. I tried to display a variety of styles as I am very eclectic in my approach to art quilts. I make whatever moves me at the moment.

I was lucky enough to sell a couple of pieces and that made me VERY happy. The art walk will run through November, so I hope to be asked to exhibit again.

I completed a queen sized bed quilt and 2 lap quilts this week and have another lap quilt ready to go. Then I got lucky and am going to be quilting a Beatles T-shirt quilt. The woman just wanted meandering, but I talked her into more elaborate quilting. After all, it's the Beatles! She also went to the first Beatles concert in San Francisco. I asked her if she remembered how much the tickets were. She didn't. I do... only $6.50. Pretty amazing as I hear Barbra Streisand will be charging $750. for her "final" concert.

No comments: