Sunday, September 04, 2005

Katrina raffle

This 57 " square quilt has been made as a raffle item to help the victims of hurricane Katrina. I was able to raise almost $500.00 for the tsunami relief effort by raffling a quilt. That is WAY more than I could have afforded to give on my own. So, even though I contributed money to the Red Cross, I decided to make a quilt specifically to help the Americans in southeast USA. This is a large lap quilt, oriental fabrics in the lavender-purple range with many different flowers depicted. The quilt is machine pieced and machine quilted and I added a hanging sleeve in case someone would want to use it as a wall hanging. Raffle tickets are $2.00 each, 10 tickets for $15.00. Please help if you can. Make checks to The Red Cross. Each donation will be matched by Karey Bresenhan of International Quilt Festival up to the amount of $10, 000. That doubles your donation! Send checks to Cathy Ortelle, 50 Old Courthouse Square, Suite 200, Santa Rosa, CA 95404. And I thank you!

No comments: