Friday, January 29, 2010

Creating



Hi guys, another day of rain in "sunny" California. We luckily had sun yesterday and this morning. I needed my bright day fix. I photographed this painter at Fort Ross and made a wall hanging last year. The photo was chosen to be in the exhibition at Houston. I've really been in a painting mood, so here is "Plen Aire Painter",a 9 x 12 oil. I think it's framed to 11 x 14. It mellows me out when I look at it.



My oldest daughter was very intrested in horses until she discovered boys! She rode and jumped English and was fearless. Now she's a mother of three and still fearless.I painted this from a photo and gave it to her for Christmas. It's 18 x 24 mixed media. I think she was touched.



My friend took this picture of a southern California mission entrance while he was on vacation. I really liked it and asked if I could use it for inspiration. The result is an 11 x 14 oil painting I titled "Sanctuary."



I also made an 11 x 17 fiber art wall hanging and it will be on exhibit with "12 Connected". I painted a silkscreen with Caran d'Ache Neocolor II and screened it with textile medium onto muslin. I added it to hand-dyed cotton embellished with painted cheescloth and painted and stamped fabrics.

I have the tv on and I decided I want David Bromstad and his Color Splash crew to come and redo my house! Wouldn't that be nice? Okay, back to work. So now you know I'm staying out of trouble and hope you are too. It would be good to hear from you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great to see your work. This afternoon, after mysteries and a nap, I will photo some more things for my blog. I am trying to keep a cold at bay. Keep up the good work, fiber and paint. Love it. H