Friday, June 05, 2009

Art and needles

It's June already! goodness this year has flown. This weekend is the Santa Rosa Quilt Show and Sale. So, if you are available, head on over to the Veterann's Hall in Santa Rosa for a great show. I have four pieces being exhibited. The Obama tote bag, the vineyards piece. Counting crosses, which didn't make it in to Sacred Threads. These areall on previous posts. The fourth piece is a partial collection of Art postcards I recieved after my stroke and some from a swap I participated in a f
few years ago.

I bought a bunch of artichokes this week. They looked so captivating that I had to draw them. This is a colored pencil drawing. I got so relaxed while doing it, that I think I'm going to be doing more of these.

This is a portion of the large wall=hanging I'm doing. I's almost finished, I have to make one more dragonfly. It is the first piece I've done for myself and it will be part of an exhibition later this year.
I just remembered that I never took photos of my portfolio book, but I'm "too pooped to pop" now. I had my first acupuncture treatment today. It seems to have taken some pain from my neck. I'm hopeful it will balance me out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are doing great work. Anything that lets you get that relaxed has to be wonderful. I just came in from my garden where I get much the same feeling. And I am off to the studio to sew. Your large piece is really coming along. Can't wait to see it. Helen