Sunday, March 08, 2009

"The River" premieres

Today, our 20 foot-long sliced quilt, "The River" premiered at the Sebastopol Center for the Arts Film Festival where quilts, and a film highlighting women in the Arts were showm to honor Women's month. There are 20 - 12" x 36" slices of this panoramic scene. I happen to be #17, 4th from the end.







Try as I might, I couldn't figure out how to make these photos look like a panoramic shot. I've posted them in order so you can get an idea of how they span the 20 feet.



Many of these pieces are painted. The first piece, by Genie Becker, shows the fog-shrouded cliffs of the Sonoma Coast. It is spectacular in person.



I love the umbrellas that are 3-D, done beautifully by Nancy Mc Dermott. I'm missing a piece here, I think.



The following photo shows the artists. I would name them all here, but my short-term memory lapse is showing itself. I apologize to all for this.

2 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

"The River" is marvelous. I am familiar with your area (lived in Santa Rosa for several years) and visited friends on the river.
What a clever, fun idea.

Jancuso said...

Beautiful! My husband's family is from SR/Guerneville. Love the umbrella's! Maybe Vacation Beach. We're in Portland OR now. Any chance there will be a full view photo of this posted some where? Or other image?