Saturday, October 25, 2008

EPU II Cultures in Cloth

EPU II challenge and artist statement.

ABILITY WITH DISABILITY
My photo-transfer collage features a Sonoma County sunrise, my love of horses, the strength of my Italian grandmother, the wisdom of my Irish/English mother. I actively participate in my world . I’m now “Unbalanced” ( my quilt title in the collage) but my art is still my passion in spite of my disablity.

Look at this cool rusted fabric from Rustex by Lois Jarvis. It will be used for the Alzheimer's auction after I use it in my piece. Lois is donting $5.00 to the cause for every piece registered. Hooray, Lois. I have a couple of pieces finished and an idea for this one.

1 comment:

ann said...

Really impressed with your EPII piece. I did mine with blinders on. I also am doing a piece with Lois Jarvis rust-tex fabric for the Alzheimers auction. Her fabric is GREAT!