Thursday, September 11, 2008

Painting Paradise



My brother and sister-in-law have fallen in love with Hawaii and recently redecorated their room with faux painted walls and a tropical theme. They were looking for something with a tropical theme for an empty space on their wall. I offered to check with my art group if anyone had anything like that available. I was in the mood to paint and thought, why not? So here is the almost finished piece. The flash really dimmed down the brilliant colors. What do you think?

I also basted 2 art quilts and hope to get them stitched tomorrow for the black and white challenge.

David Letterman had Obama on tonite. Excellent and thoughtful questions and answers.

1 comment:

TALL GIRL said...

what do I think of it???! I think it is gorgeous, and very realistic. where's that waiter with my colada? great job, cathy!