Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Once a Month

It seems I'm not using my blog as much as I thought. It's still the time thing. So I joined a blog ring about a book (Ted Orland's "View From the Studio Door") so I will post on Tuesdays. I can't seem to get their button on my site!!

This is a detail from a small piece I did called Rainbow Tears as a result of the latest hurricane season. It shows how it affected me that so many people of color were affected, and even though I am not a person of color, my tears are mixed with theirs because of the lack of response by the American authorities. Shame on them I have already done a "Missing New Orleans" Mardi Gras quilt that I posted last year.






What's new in Santa Rosa is the Woodstock happening around town. I had applied to be a Woodstock artist, but becuase of my surgeries and complications, it didn't happen. They are now being placed all around town. Here are some unedited pictures of them before they got out to the public. Karen did 2 again this year. Love the Elvis!

I'm participating in the First Friday Santa Rosa artwalk on June 2 indoors and outdoors at Portofino's restaurant in Santa Rosa . Rain, Rain, go away! Stop by to see and shop.

I'm working on my Etsy site, but having problems resizing my pictures to fit on the site. Any hints?

1 comment:

Mandi aka Fabric Princess said...

I can't figure out how to put the button (Tuesdays "View") either. I tried and tried. I don't know how to write code, so I guess I'm outta luck with that.