Monday, November 14, 2005

Art Quilt Tahoe



Okay,back from a wonderful week at Art Quilt Tahoe. No snow, except in the higher elevations. But Bears!!! I only saw a cub, but there were 2 cubs, the mother, brother and a grandma hanging around the Squaw Valley Lodge. My roommate Ellen walked right into the mama bear's path! I know Ellen was more scared...

My computer design class with Caryl Fallert was so amazing. She is one of the most giving teachers. The quilt on the top of Caryl and her great grandmother is done with pictures digitally manipulated. So beautiful. So, I got home and tried to do something I had done 20 times in class... I seemed to have lost my memory! But I kept at it and was able to complete the very simple design of a quilt for my grandson. His brother got an appliqued dinosaur quilt for his 6th birthday and I am already a year late with his. I am using the star image and importing my pictures of the 55 Charlie Brown statues that were created and placed all around Santa Rosa. I finished that part tonite. Now I have to print them outand stich them together...

Melody Johnson's quilts are so luminescent! I took many pictures, but I'm sure they are all on her web site. And the quilt on the bottom is my favorite that was in her class. I really covet her matchsticks.

Tomorrow... the new machine!!!

No comments: